Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Using our Talents for God

     Living in a city, I see a lot of billboards, and if you have seen these, then you will know what I'm talking about when I say that I am tired of seeing "Acting and modeling for Jesus!" I mean, what good is it going to do to add to God's kingdom if we're modeling our own bodies? Anyway, there is, however, a way that we can use our talents in a way that will truly help further God's kingdom. Let me show you what I mean.

     Everyone has a talent. Maybe you can bake, or sew, or write, or are good with kids, etc. We can use these talents to help others! Maybe you can't use them as evangelism methods, but the souls that have already been won over are souls too. Maybe there's a new mother in your congregation, and you can sew her a baby blanket, or there's a shut-in and you can bake and bring them meals, or teach one of the younger Bible classes in your congregation, or write articles about God's word. I know of several websites that allow you to submit articles and they feature them, or start your own website or blog! There are always new things that need to be done, and it's important that we use our talents to help people with those needs.

    Now, I'm not saying that everyone has to get up and start baking. Maybe baking isn't your thing. Maybe you're a people person and there's someone you know who's been having a hard time and you can help them through it. I know a lovely young lady who is an amazing, natural leader, but because she can't exactly preach, she does  other things like host Bible studies and game nights at her home sometimes during the summer for some of the other young ladies in the area. Or, if you're more of a follower than a leader, then you can always help some of those leaders out with getting everything done. Of course, these are only a few things we can use our talents, but it's always to realize our talents that were given to us, and to use them the best way we can.