Monday, June 16, 2014

The Truth About Hate

     As you may already know, I am going to be having a series about love starting Wednesday and I know I haven't been posting regularly lately but these are on a timer and most of them are already written so I promise that they will be posted every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Anyway, I'm really excited about this series and I hope that you study the subject on your own as well as read some of the articles because it really is an important topic, and there's a lot about it in the Bible.

     The topic I am going to be talking about is hate. Why am I talking about hate? Because I believe that before I talk about love I should talk about hate. What is hate? Hate isn't just hoping that someone, to put it in light terms, doesn't go to heaven. Yes that is part of hatred, but really hatred is just not loving someone. I'm not saying that you have to have a deep loving connection with everyone, there are different kinds of love. When you love someone, you don't gossip about them, or say rude things to them. When you love someone you don't steal from them or hurt them. These acts are often considered hateful acts, and they are. So doesn't it make sense that when you perform hateful acts against someone, then you don't love them, and that you hate them?

     Don't get me wrong, everyone slips up. I'm not saying that just because you said something against someone once then you automatically hate them. I'm talking about when you repeatedly go out of your way to hurt another person. That is hate. Hate is when you only ever think bad about another person and don't even try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Love builds people up while hate tears them down. 

     A lot of girls (including me) have a hard time with always being kind to everyone. I'm not saying that guys don't struggle too, but a lot of women have this knack of saying the exact right thing to make someone else feel bad. I have honestly heard of some people who called this an art, but in reality it's not. Yes it's important to talk to people when you have a problem but purposefully talking badly to or about a person is hateful, and we have to avoid it.

     Today I would like to encourage you to look at your actions and change any and all hateful actions before they become intentionally hateful, and if you are being intentionally hateful to think about it, and think about what you are putting the other person through. It's very important to love your neighbor as yourself, and that includes everyone. Even that one person who you may just really not like. It's always important to love.