Thursday, November 14, 2013

How Much Do We Talk About God?

     Okay, so I was talking to my best friend about baptism the other day, and we were talking about it for like, an hour or so. It was a long time. Anyway, I have been friends with this girl for over 6 years, (which is a real long time for me because I've never lived anywhere that long, so 6 years still staying in contact with someome is something that never happens. Like, ever.) and she's practically my little sister, but I didn't know that 1, she had been thinking about it, and 2, I didn't know hardly any of her thoughts on the subject. And she's been my best friend for 6 years!! So then I thought, "How much do I REALLY talk about God in my daily conversations?" Like that song, "He is My Everything", that part where it says, "Some one may ask me, some one may say, 'Who is this Jesus, you talk about everyday?'" Will they? 

     I mean, it can be so easy to get caught up in talking about politics, movies, boys, actors, or just about anything, that we forget to talk about the Bible. But let me ask you something, and I have a hard time with this too; but if all we talk about is our daily lives, and God is not incorperated in that, then what are we doing in our daily lives? Now, you don't have to talk about everything you have ever done for the church or for God. I mean, that can be kinda braggy. But what are we filling our daily live with? What are we telling our friends? I mean, there's nothing wrong with not talking about God 24/7. But we should at least talk about it more than none every day. So I want to encourage you to do so. To talk to at least one person about the Bible every day. You never know the impact it can have not only on their lives, but on yours. :)