Monday, October 13, 2014

How Will You Be Remembered?

"...Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life." -Revelation 2:10

     
     As a teen in high-school, I often think about college and what my life will be like when I graduate. I often think about what job I'll get and where I'll live and things like that. I also start thinking of my entire life ahead of me, and how I'll spend my time. What will I be remembered by? Will it be my money? Will it be my kindness? What are my goals? What is it that I'm trying to be remembered by?

     Everyone in life has a goal. What is your main goal? It's okay to have goals that aren't about God and that aren't about the Bible, like getting a promotion or being the top of your class, but when our lives revolve around God, our priorities and our main goals are going to revolve around Him, and our friends and family are going to see that. But if your goals are all about your job or your education, then what does that say to others? What does that say to God? When you miss out on church because you have homework, what does that say to those around you? When you go to church instead of basketball practice, what does that say to your team mates? If you were to die right now, how would people remember you? What would be written on your tomb stone? I sure hope mine says something about how I served God. I sure hope mine says more than that I was good at science or that I was a fast runner. I want my tomb stone to stand proudly and say that I was a true child of God. What do you want yours to say?

     Today I would like to encourage you all to think about your life choices and what you're basing them on. Are they based on God? Are they based on His word? Are they based on the passing moments on this earth? I'd like to encourage you to examine your life and the choices you're making for the future and for right now, and ask what they're based on. There's nothing wrong with sports and there's nothing wrong with having a good job or a good education, but when our main focus is on those things, it's time for a change.