Monday, October 20, 2014

Spread the News!

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit teaching them to observe all these things that I have commanded you.." Matthew 28:19-20



     I love books and movies and tv shows. I love comic books and I love telling people about them and I love convincing them  to read/watch such things. I love spending my time with my books. I recently bought a new bookshelf and am already well on my way of filling it up, and that's just my books, not to mention ones from libraries or my mom's books or my brother's books or books for school. When you love something a lot, aren't you going to want to tell people about it? If something is precious, you want others to see how precious it is, and experience it with you. When you hear a great new song, you want to listen to it over and over again and tell your friends all about it. 

     What about the Bible? Do you love talking about the Bible? Do you know it front-to-back? Do you know the names of all the people? Do you know all the parables and where they're found? "But that's so HAARD!" well I can only imagine all the Harry Potter fans know every name of every character in the series. I have seen some fans who studied languages of their favorite movies. There's nothing wrong with this, but how much do you talk about God? I'm not saying that we need to know every single word of the entire Bible, but how much do you talk about how wonderful He is? How much do you tell your friends, "Hey, I have this amazing book here! Every time I read it I catch something new! You should read it!"? 

     In this day and age it can be difficult to share the gospel, as it's not very popular. Some places are already being denied their religious rights and are unable to speak about homosexuality in the pulpit. This doesn't mean, however, that there is no hope. This doesn't mean that the church is going anywhere, I'm not saying that all Christians are in danger right now, but the true church has never been popular. True Christianity has never been popular and that's because not enough people are teaching the whole counsel of God  (Acts 20:26-27) and people find Christianity hypocritical. They see it as impure, and they don't see it for what it really is: wonderful. We need to show people this now. We need to show people this every day. We need to talk about it and show it to people and bring it with us everywhere. We need to study it, live it, breath it. Because if we aren't, then what does that say about our faith?

     Today I would like to encourage you to study God's word, and to spread it to everyone. Wear it like a badge of honor. Take some time every day to pray and to study and to just sit back and appreciate the glory of God. If you don't have the time, make it. God gave you that time, and it's time to give some back. I'd like to encourage you all to trust Him and love Him and appreciate Him more.