Monday, April 1, 2013

The Popularity of Modesty

     A lot of people don't want to dress modestly because honestly, it's not a very popular. It is becoming more and more popular to show off everything you've got. But, the desire to dress modestly isn't that unpopular! Now, a lot of people mistake the meaning, and dress immmodestly not knowingly, but if you thin about it, who would want to go around claiming to be immmodest? Mostly just Hollywood people who want to be seen as daring and easy. But, if you go online and type in the word "modesty", you can find countless articles on it. Sometimes when I'm bored, I like to read fashion articles to see what the latest styles are, and try to find a way to feature them on my blog. I'd like to say that about 65% of the articles say something about how you should try to be modest. Modesty isn't just something that God thought up to annoy shoppers. Modesty is something that we have for a reason, and most girls see this whether they were taught to or not. I mean, almost any girl would be hesitant going out in public wearing just a bikini just to go shopping. It's not that modesty isn't an unpopular idea, it's just that most people don't know what modesty is.

     Now, I do admit that there are a lot of girls who don't want to be modest. I know this for a fact. There are several girls who dress specifically to draw attention to themselves. But that's not everyone. There are so many people who know exactly why modesty is important. I'll give you an example; the other day while I was shopping for a new dress (which will be featured in this week's photo) I saw three girls who were shopping for a dress for one of them. One of the girls saw a dress, picked it up and said, "What about this one?" The girl who was shopping for the dress took it, looked at it, then held it up in front of her to see what it would look like if she had it on. She then said "No. It goes above my knees. If I sad down or bent over, you would be able to see too much leg." The other friend tried talking her into getting it, but the first girl just didn't want to be immodest. I know that this is just one person, but at the same time, dressing modestly isn't something unheard of. So next time you start getting discouraged, remember that modesty isn't something that no one even considers, but something that most girls want. This is one of the many reasons that we need to let our lights shine, so that the girls who want to be modest can see how to be modest.