Friday, March 29, 2013

     Some days, everything is just annoying. Sometimes I wake up and everything irritates me. I'm not the only one, and I don't think anyone really enjoys days like that. But it happens. Now, when this happens, what can we do? Obviously, I'm not an expert on this. I fight with my siblings, I pout, and I get angry over silly things. 


     The Bible says in Ephesians 4:31 "Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice." The opposite of these things is found in 1 Corinthians 13, which lists all of the qualities of godly love, one of which is "is not irritable or resentful." When we are easily irritated, no matter how tired or stressed out we are, we aren't being godly and there is no excuse. Never ever. 
When you're having a day where everything and everyone is annoying, try these things:


1. Pray - this is the main defense against sin. Always ask God for help


2. Read 1 Corinthians 13 - it'll help remind you of how a christian is supposed to act. 


3. Drink some tea - this helps me somewhat. Tea is like a warm, liquid hug, and green tea especially helps with stress. 


4. Leave the room, if possible, and take time to cool down.


5. Play happy music


6. DO NOT indulge in negative thoughts, like "Wow, that guy is stupid," or "I hate doing this. I don't want to do it." This will make the situation worse.

~Sarah