Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Inner Modesty

     Okay, so I know it's been a while since I posted (I'm trying to get better at posting more often) but this time I'm going to post about MOOODESTY! Yaay!This time, however, I'm not going to be writing about outer modesty, but inner modesty.

     You know how sometimes you'll be talking to someone, and they're so good looking, but you get 5 minutes into a conversation and that goes away because of how ugly they talk to or about other people? Well, what if I went into a room covered head to toe, but did nothing but talk about myself and my own accomplishments? What would the message I would be sending be? Probably that I'm really proud of myself. Well, isn't the message we're sending when we don't wear enough clothes is that we're proud of our bodies and want to display them? Now, there's nothing wrong with being proud of yourself, or being excited about something you've done. I'm not saying that any time you do something cool or good that you have to hide it from existence. What I am saying though, is that we need to be careful that we don't get so caught up in ourselves, that everything that happens is about me. 

     So I want to encourage you today, to not show off your body, but to not show off the things you've done, because modesty isn't just about not showing you skin, but leaving some of the things you do between you and God.