Wednesday, October 24, 2012

"Living By Faith"

     In yesterday's article, I mentioned about how we don't have to have blind faith. Today, I will be expanding on that thought, and will be talking about how we need to have faith, but we don't need to lie on that faith, alone.

     One of the arguments I hear a lot, is that you have to live by faith alone. But, if you look in James 2:17-19 says, "(17)So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. (18)But someone will say, 'You have faith and I have works.' Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. (19)You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!" You do not have to have only faith. In fact, this is showing us that we have to have works also. In John 3:3 states clearly, "Jesus answered him, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.'" and again, in verse 5 of the same chapter, "Jesus answered, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.'" We need to not only have faith to get into Heaven, but we also have to have our works.

     Now, I'm not at all saying that we shouldn't have faith, it states clearly in Mark 11:22, "And Jesus answered them, 'Have faith in God.'" But even if we have faith, that doesn't mean that we're saved.  James 2:24, "You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone." We need to have faith, but we need to have works as well.

     Another thing is, we don't have to have blind faith. I mean, just look outside. God doesn't want us to have blind faith. That is why He wants us to study the Bible, so that we can know and understand exactly who He is. And, if you look at science, the more you look at it, the more God is proven to you. Last year in science, I was studying about evolution and creation. And the more I studied about evolution, the more confused I got. None of it made sense to me! But when I studied creation, it all made sense. The reason it made sense, is because God planned a perfect world.

     Just look at the human body. Everything works together perfectly. There's order. If you look at the odds of the Big Bang actually happening, it's impossible. If you just look outside, you see how everything just perfectly fits together. How on Earth do we have to live by blind faith, if God is proven to us every time we inhale? The more you read the Bible, and the more you study, the more you fully understand that we are following the true God. Thank you for reading. :)