Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Patience

     James 5:7, "Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains." Being patient is something that is difficult to find in someone. We live in a day where we have every piece of information, instantly at out finger tips. We live in an age of smart phones, multitasking, fast computers, fast cars, even instant meals. We live in a time where everything is gained instantly, so patience isn't learned as it should be. So when something bad comes along, and it doesn't end instantly, we begin to think that it never will.

     Patience is a hard lesson to learn, and in order to learn it, you may go through some very hard times. But, in the end, it's always worth it, because the next time something goes wrong, it is a lot easier to handle. When we have patience, everything in life seems to get easier. No fast computer can substitute patience. Sometimes, we just have to remember that. "Patience comes to those who wait." Very true statement. The more you wait, the more patient you're going to get. In my family, if I want something, I have to save up for it. And one day, I decided to save up for a camera. It took me six months to save up for it, but in the end, I was so happy. I know that, if I had just gotten tired of waiting and spent the money on something else, then I wouldn't have been near as satisfied as I was, opening the box that contained my long waited for camera. :)

     In the verse I quoted at the beginning of this article,  it mentioned how a farmer waits for his crop to grow patiently. This is how we should be. We should learn to wait, and watch things grow. I've also seen this in younger people, especially girls, wanting to grow up too fast. Picture a rose. A rose is very pretty. When you look at a rose in bloom, you may wish it would hurry up and become pretty in it's bloom. But, if you force it open, then the petals will fall off, it will wilt quickly, and it will never look like the rose you hoped it to be. But if you wait patiently for that rose, and take care of it, then that rose will bloom, and be breathtakingly beautiful, and so fragrant, you will be glad you waited. Patience is like that rose. If you wait, your efforts will be reworded, but if you force it open, and refuse to be patient, then your rose will wilt, and die, and will never be as pretty, as you once hoped. So please, remember to be patient. Thank you for reading. :)
~Jayla