Monday, December 3, 2012

Don't Forget to Pray

     Everyone has hard times. Everyone has good times. Everyone should pray, but not very many do. We are told in 1 Thessalonians 5:17, that we are to pray without ceasing. As we can see in Proverbs 1, in verses 23-28, you can see that God won't hear your prayers if you refuse to follow His Word. If you only pray to Him when you need something, instead of giving thanks. If you only do what He wants you to do when it's convenient for you, in verse 28, it says, "Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently but will not find me." If you want to be blessed, you have to be consistent.

     One of the things that I like to do, is every night, before I go to bed, I pray. I don't usually do it in the morning because I'm so tired in the mornings I'm afraid I'll fall asleep, but I know that if I pray at night, I won't fall asleep in the middle of it, because I usually can't fall asleep anyway, and, I know I won't be interrupted/ I suggest you do just that. Take some time out of the day, when it's quiet, and you know you won't be interrupted, and just pray. It doesn't have to be long, but it has to be sincere, or God won't hear it. It says in Matthew 6:7, "And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words." We need to make sure that when we pray, we are thanking God, and not just making ourselves feel better about ourselves.

     Another thing we need to do, is have patience. There are 3 ways God answers prayers. "Yes", "No", and "Wait". Sometimes, the thing that we want wouldn't be good for us, so God sees that, and doesn't give it to you, because he knows what's best for you. Other times, He just wants you to wait for the right time. Also, we have to make sure and not only talk to Him, but let Him talk to us, by reading His word, so we can have a better understanding. Thank you for reading. :)