Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Taking Advice

     In my daily Bible reading, I have been reading in Proverbs, and in proverbs, you'll notice, was written so you won't forget a word of it. In just about every chapter there is at least one verse that was, or will be, mentioned in another chapter, but they're all phrased differently. Today, we'll be talking about Proverbs 15:32, which is talking about how we need to listen to others, and admit when we're wrong.

     In Proverbs 15:32, it says, "Whoever ignores instruction despises himself, but he who listens to reproof gains intelligence." This is saying that, if you don't listen to advice, and you become arrogant, and prideful, and don't try to understand what they're saying, then you're only hurting yourself. Now, not all advice is good advice, so you need to read the Bible so you can see what advice is good, and what advice is bad. Sometimes, I can be very stubborn, and don't want to listen to any advice at all. But I know that if I don't then I'm not going to help myself in any way by not listening, and it'll come back to haunt me in the future. This is one of the reasons why we need to choose our friends wisely, so we can receive good advise, instead of bad.

     In the second part of this verse, is says that he who listens to reproof gains intelligence. Now, I don't know about you, but I want to be smart, and one of the things that I've learned is that you can't lean anything from yourself, because you already know what you're about to say. Now, you can think about things and put two and two together, but you have to have two and two first in order to put them together. So next time someone who you can trust (make sure you can trust them first) gives you advice, take it, and apply it, because sometimes, it is so easy to be stubborn, that you don't want to listen, and you end up only hurting yourself. Thank you for reading. :)