Friday, February 14, 2014

Love

     Instead of doing my article on Thursday, I decided to wait until Friday to do my article because I thought, "What better day to write an article on love than on Valentines Day?" (also, I forgot.) Most people think that love means a guy and a girl hold hands and tell each other mushy, lovey-dovey things to each other all the time and do nothing but obsess over each-other. Yeah, that's one kind of love, but just because you don't have a boyfriend, that does not mean that you cannot love someone.

     What?? Huh? I can love someone who is NOT my boyfriend?!?! I know. It sounds CRAZY. Just hear me out. There are MANY different kinds of love. There's boyfriend & girlfriend love, friendship love, brotherly love, etc. We are told to love everyone in Mark 12:31. That is what I will be talking about today.

     There are about 7 billion people in the world, and we only get the opportunity to meet a few of them. Why don't we try loving that small percentage of people that we see? I mean, what better way then letting our Christian lights shine than showing everyone the love of the Lord? It can be easy to dislike someone, especially if they don't like you. But today, I would like to encourage y'all to be nice even to those people! Who knows, they could be going through a hard time right now, and you could be the person to make their day brighter. Isn't that a wonderful thought?

    The ones we love don't have to be people who love us back, or someone who we're dating. We can love everyone! Today, I would like to encourage you guys to share that love with everyone you see. :)