Thursday, March 13, 2014

For Our Own Good

   Quick announcement: For those of you on Twitter, I have created a Twitter account for this blog under the user name MModest_2012, where I will be posting links to all my articles, Bible verses, etc. Also, if you're on Facebook I'd like to remind you guys that I do also have a page on there as well, if you'd like to "like" it, as well. :)

  In the back of my Bible some of those blank pages, I have kind of a table of contents of different subjects and the verses that go along with them, and I kinda add as I find more and more verses. Well, occasionally I like to look through them for article ideas, and as I was doing this a few days ago, I came across  Deuteronomy 6:24 which says, "And the Lord commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always that He might preserve us alive, as we are this day." That is the verse that I will be writing about today.

     People in the world tend to think that those who follow the Bible live a dull life, and God is just here to make us miserable and all these laws are pointless. Well, that is not the case at all. You see, every single law is put there for a purpose. God has made all these laws because they are good for us. Think of it this way, if everyone loved each other the way they should, then we would have more evangelism in the world (because everyone would love everyone else enough to want to teach the Word to everyone) and there wouldn't be any gossiping, or steeling, murdering or any of that. Everyone would be giving, and helpful. Now tell me, is that really all that bad? Is it really that constricting and evil to care about others? 

    We have to remember that all of the laws that are given to us may seem ridiculous, but they're all for our own good. No, we can't be perfect, and no, just because we follow the Bible, that won't make our lives perfect. It will, however, all be worth it by the time we're up in heaven. :)