Saturday, August 25, 2012

It's Also An Attitude

     Modesty isn't just about the way we dress. It's also the attitude that we have. If we go around calling attention to ourselves, it's not very modest at all, no matter how we dress. Because, one of the reasons we dress modestly is so that we don't bring attention to ourselves. Also, if you say things to call attention to yourself, it's also immodest. Like, if I were to go around, only ever talking about myself, it would only attract attention to myself. Now, I don't mean that we should completely hide from everyone, but I do mean that we should have a modest attitude. One of the things that gets me, is girls who complain about their faults all the time just to get complements. Or, when someone compliments them, instead of smiling and saying "thank-you", they just disagree with them. Girls, that is not a modest attitude.
   
     But one of the many things that a lot of people don't do, is acknowledge our gifts. Some people think that, in order to be modest, we can never compliment ourselves. Now, we can over do it if we're not careful, but it's okay to accept the fact that you have a gift. God gave us those gifts to please Him with, and we can't use those gifts if we don't accept them. Like I believe that I have a gift in writing. That's one of the reasons I started this blog. So that I can use that ability to share my opinions on modesty. As girls, sometimes we tend to think that if we acknowledge these things, then we are being vain, and that is not the case. We shouldn't brag about them, but I think that we should accept them, and use them. Please keep this in mind, and I hope that you have a wonderful, modest attitude. :)