Friday, August 24, 2012

Marvelously Modest

     So, this past week, I have been spending some time with some wonderful christian friends, and let me tell you, everyone was dressed so modestly, it was absolutely wonderful! :) In fact, I got so used to it, that when I went out to a store, I started realizing just how much immodesty there is in the world. It's very easy to get used to immodesty when you're around it so much. But you know what, there are certain times, like this past week, where everyone around me is dressed modestly, and it is just marvelous! :) You forget how big of a problem it is until you're not around it. So, today, I am going to thank all of you girls for dressing modestly. And I hope I can help you in doing so.

     I was in a Bible class on respect by Sheila Butt this past week, and one of the things that she said was that, when we dress modestly, we are showing self respect. And if we don't show self respect, then how can we expect others to respect us? When we dress modestly, we are showing others that we respect ourselves, and our bodies. Another thing she said was that, a guy sees it as, "If she lets me see it, she'll let me touch it." Girls, we need to be careful what we show men. Maybe you won't think of what you're wearing as immodest, but guys think a lot differently than us. The best thing you could possibly do, is to consult your father about it. Because, your father is going to want what is best for you, but he also knows how boys think. Any time I'm not sure about something, I always ask my dad for his opinion. Because, I not only want to keep myself, and my body pure, but the minds of others pure as well. Please keep this in mind next time you get dressed, :)