Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Modesty in Our Speech

     Modesty, as I mentioned before, is not all about how you dress. It's also in your actions, and it's also in your speech. Yes, that's right. What we say can be immodest. I know I probably sound crazy, but let me explain.

     You can be completely modest, dressed neck to knee, and still call attention to ourselves by the way we talk. As girls, we do a whole lot of talking. :) And our mouths can have a huge effect on how people view us. A lot of girls say that they dress modestly because they want to leave those parts of their bodies to the imaginations of guys. But honestly, I don't want them to imagine me showing those parts of my body. But let's say that I do want them to imagine me wearing noting. I would first just subtly mention something about the part I want them to imagine. Then I'd keep going on about it. I'd make sure that they had a vague view of what it looked like, so they could picture it in their mind. This is not how we should use our tongue. It is not modest to call attention to yourself, or those parts of the body, no matter how you do it.

     This is one of the reasons we shouldn't wear suggestive clothing. Boys think differently than us girls. When I see a shirt that has the word "delicious" across the front, I don't know about you, but I don't really think anything of it (other than it's immodest). But boys think a whole lot differently, and they will think about those parts of the body. Please don't put those thoughts there for them to think. Please keep this in mind next time you get dressed or open your mouth. I hope I explained this to you in an understandable way. Thanks for reading.  :)