Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lacking Discretion

     In Proverbs 11:22 it says that "As a ring of gold in a swine's snout, so is a beautiful woman who lacks discretion" In today's article, I will be describing what this verse means, and how we, as girls, can apply it to our lives. :)

     You may be asking yourself what discretion is. I know I didn't when I first read this verse. As Webster's Dictionary puts it, "the quality of having or showing discernment or good judgement" This means that us girls have to have good judgement in our clothing choice. Now, it's not saying clothing specifically, but we do need to have discretion when we choose our clothing. When shopping for clothes, I will find the cutest shirt, but it'll be just too tight. That's when I have to make a decision. That's when we have to use my better judgement to say "Nope, can't get this shirt. It's just too tight." And you know what, sometimes, it's hard. Because sometimes it's just what I was looking for. But that's when we have to make a judgement.

     I know someone who loves to play sports. But, her uniform requires her to wear shorts that show a lot more thigh than she was comfortable with, but she absolutely had to wear them. So, what she did was put on a longer pair of shorts under them, so she didn't have to show her entire thigh. That girls, is having good judgement.

     God made all of us girls beautiful. But we have to have good discretion. Some girls think that as long as they have the looks they can show off for everyone. But that is not the case. That is being a golden ring in the pig's snout. Like I said, sometimes it's hard. But God didn't ask us anything we can't do. Please keep this in mind next time you get dressed. :)