Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A New Goal! / A Modest Attitude

     Hello everyone! I have a new goal, and I'd like to share it with you! I am trying to get as many readers as I possibly can! As you can see when you look up at the top of my page, my numbers have gotten very high! And I am so VERY pleased with the amount of readers I've had! :D I wan't expecting it at all. So first of all, thank you very very much for reading my blog! I REALLY appreciate it! Second, I would like if you would please choose your favorite article on Marvelously Modest, and share it with someone! Weather through email, Facebook, twitter, ANYTHING! And share the news so we can get as many people reading as we can! Because, I REALLY want to help everyone I possibly can dress modestly! And who knows, maybe by sharing, you might help someone out! And that is the ULTIMATE goal! To get everyone that we possibly can dressing modestly! So please, go through and pick your FAVORITE article, and share it with someone! Also, I don't have a Twitter, but if you want, please "like" my page on Facebook, Marvelously Modest, (there's a link to it here:https://www.facebook.com/MarvelouslyModest) I would REALLY appreciate it!! :D

     Now on to today's article! :) Today, I would like to talk about having a modest attitude! Now, I'm not saying that we shouldn't praise ourselves every once in a while, that's a good thing! It means you're happy with who you are! BUT, sometimes, we can go a little bit too far with it. And that's not modest at all. Modesty isn't just in the clothes. It's also an attitude! From time to time, (and I have a hard time too with this sometimes) we tend to go a little bit too far when we complement ourselves. And we need to make sure that that doesn't happen. So, every day, before I go to bed, I do an attitude check and see what I need to improve on! First of all, I make sure that I didn't complement myself TOO much. Second, I make sure I complemented others even MORE! Third, I make sure I put others above myself in a place of respect. But I also make sure I respect myself as well. :) Fourth, I make sure I didn't grumble too much. I have the HARDEST time with grumbling! But it's not modest, because that's when we start forgetting that there are others who are suffering too. And that's never good. And Fifth, is I check and see if I only talked good about others. That can be very, very hard sometimes. Because sometimes, you just have the BEST information, and just HAVE to share it with someone. But I promise you, you don't. So, before you speak, think, is it important, is it helpful, is it necessary, is it kind, is it true, and is it humble? I try to keep this in mind when I speak, and I really hope you do too. Thank you very very much for reading, and please, feel free to share! :)