Friday, September 14, 2012

Prince Charming

     Yesterday, I was trying to think of something to write for today. I felt like I had written about everything I possibly could on modesty, but I feel that there are other topics as well that need mentioning. So I asked someone (who wished to remain anonymous) what I should write about. And they said that I should write about "Prince Charming". And I agree, it is a very important subject. So last night as I was doing my daily pacing, I was wondering, how on Earth can I do an article on that? Being 14, I don't really know much about it. But, after thinking for a little while. I realized that I kinda do. Not from y experiences, but from other's. :)

     What should we look for in our prince charming? A lot of girls have different tastes, and there's nothing wrong with that. But there are certain traits that they should have. First of all, are they strong, faithful Christians? If not, then try to convert them, and if they won't be converted when you're dating, or in your quartship, (whichever you prefer) then he's not gonna do it later. No matter what he tells you, he's not. Let me tell you a little secret girls, most boys are gonna lie. And if they do, that is another red flag that we must avoid. Another thing we should look for, is that he doesn't want to rush things. Once, I received a note from someone. I barely knew this person, so I was puzzled at receiving it. The note was given to my brother to be given to me It asking me if I would like to go out with him. I was flattered, but at the same time, knew I shouldn't rush into things like that. Another thing was, at the time, I was 12. That's another thing I pay attention to, is age. If you are 12 years old, you shouldn't already be in love. I'm sorry, but I even think that about my current age. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with being 14 and having a boyfriend, but you still have to contain your emotions sometimes, and really, it's a dangerous age to be i a relationship at.

     Another thing you have to watch out for, is how they want you to dress. If they like it when you dress immodestly, then you're just a shiny new toy. And what happens to a shiny new toy after about a month or two? They're replaced. Girls, don't put yourself in that kind of relationship. Another red flag, is if he's too controlling. Now, he can ask you some things of you, but if he pulls the whole, "If you love me you'll..." thing on you, end it right then and there. It's important that our prince charmings treat us right. One of the things you should mainly look for, is does he respect your parents as well? Because, if he doesn't respect his and your parents, then chances are, he won't respect you either.

     Thank you for reading, and please be sure to share your favorite article, and "like" Marvelously Modest on Facebook. :)