Saturday, September 22, 2012

Our Eternal Clothing: Our Crown

     I was trying to think of something to write on, as I had written on pretty much everything you can imagine on modesty, but then I realized one topic that I haven't covered yet, our eternal clothing! I mean, this is a blog on clothing. Why not talk about our eternal clothing!

      First of all, I want to tell you why we shouldn't exactly care about the latest fashions and what not. First of all, the "in" thing may not be the right thing. Second, is God going to look at your appearance? Of course not! In 1 Samuel 16:7 it says, "But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not look at his outward appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him.' For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart." So, if God doesn't care, then who is more important that cares? Not one person. Galatians 1:10, "For am I now seeking the approval  of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ." Also, in John 10:29, "My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all,..." So, if God doesn't care about what we look like, or if we dress in the most fashionable clothes, then who cares? No one is of that great of importance. Now, I'm not saying that He doesn't look at how we dress, because He does look at modesty. But as long as it's modest, the rest doesn't matter. 

     Now that I've said that, I'd like to get to our eternal clothing. First, I would like to talk about our Crown. When I was little, as most little girls did, I used to want to be a princess. I would play dress-up, and have tea parties, where only the fanciest bears and bunnies  attended, and had a plastic tiara with pink plastic sparkles on it, but I always knew that it was all just play, and that I would never really be a princess. Then, on August third of this year, I got my crown of life. Not a fake tiara, but a crown of life. :)   Revelation 2:10, "Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life." That should be our goal in life, to get that crown. Not to please man, or wear what's in style. Because, do you really think that on judgement day, God will look at you and say, "You didn't dress modestly, but I'll let it slide, because you did dress fashionably." In fact, in about 10 years, it probably won't even be the style anymore. In the end, which will you be more proud of, being modest all of your life and  knowing that, even though it was a difficult task, you still did God's will? Or that you gave in and dressed with style, without modesty? Now, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being fashionable, but if the fashion is to see how short you can wear shorts without wearing nothing, then I strongly suggest that you run from it. Thank you for reading, and please be sure to read the rest of the series too. :)